Saturday, August 23, 2008

Tires and Drought?

Well I moved down on the 15th. The trip was far from uneventful. It is normally about an 8 hour drive but the trip down was far far longer. We had 3 tires blow on the trailer that was hauling my car. The first before we hit the FL state line. The second about 30 minutes outside Crestview, FL and the final a few miles outside of Crestview. The first tire shredded completely but we were back up in a few minutes thanks to the spare. When the second one went we caught it before it completely shredded but had lost the tread. It took about an hour and a half to get 3 new tires (2 of which were mounted). The third one lost its tread just outside Crestview so we went back to the same tire shop and had the 3rd tire mounted. After 3 new tires we hod no other complications down. It just cost of several hours overall.

Once down here I found out that the garage for my car wasn't going to be avaliable for another day so it had to sit in the parking lot overnight. No probs thankfully. My furnature didn't arrive till Monday instead of on Sat as we had planned. But it finally arrived and the apartment is finally set up.

Then by Monday afternoon the rains began. It had been a drought down here but I think that the ~19 inches of rain fixed that problem. Roads down here are still underwater in some places. The lake in our apt complex rose by about 4 feet and the parking lot next door was under about 1.5 feet of water. No flooding problems in our complex though. Mark and Brenda's house was fine as well but the streets in their neighborhood was under a few feet. His boss' house had 6 inches of water inside.

The rains did let me know that my truck windshield was leaking so Safelite is coming out to fix that this afternoon.

I start work on Monday so I'm looking forward to that. Till the next post...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are not a CS student anymore, babe :-)

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home