Monday, July 21, 2008

Done Done

Well IT is completely complete. No almost, just about, basically, etc complete. The IT of course is my thesis. I turned in all of my manuscript copies with all but two signatures on Friday and got the final two (from the same person) today.

In case people do not know the cost of printing and binding, I will break it down. At a minimum, you will need 7 copies (one of which must be on 100% cotton paper) to cover what the Graduate School and School of CIS require. This number is also with a bare minimum number of committee members - 3. You must then tack on however many personal copies you want.

The cheapest place around for printing was Staples at $0.065 per black and white sheet on 24lb paper. All other places (Office Max, Office Depot, Kinko's) only printed on 20lb paper and charged extra for "premium" paper. The 100% cotton printing at Staples was $0.16 a sheet with the paper included. (USA Bookstore sells the same paper for ~$11 for 100 sheets.) Overall my cost for printing was ~$70. (I had 10 copies total)

Then we get to the binding fees. $10 per copy unless you want/have to have a CD in it and then its $12. The microfilm copy is not bound but does cost $50 to be put on microfilm. Overall my cost for binding was $158.

I plan on using the slim jewel cases with Light Scribe CDs (makes a nice cover) for my CDs that overall will cost me ~$12.

Thus, overall the cost of my thesis was $240 just to print and bind it.

But it will be well worth it in the long run and I'm so glad its done. Now I have a life again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home