Sunday, January 01, 2006

A Brand New Year

Well is a new year, 2006. It flew by thats for sure. As Kisea talked about for his New Year's Day meal, I also had some black-eyed peas with "hog jawl". Hopefully I will have some good luck this year, bout time I had some.

Its been a while since I posted even though I have read most everone else's blog over the period of non-posting. I have been watching a lot of movies lately, from all locations. DVDs, computer, TV have all been visited. If not there I have been with family and friends which is always good.

I went hunting yesterday for the first time in over a month. With the Dippin' Dots opening we have been busy every Saturday. Heard a great race yesterday morning, all the dogs merged on a group of does. I didn't seen anything but at least it sounded good. It was Family Day so they had lots of food for us all to eat: fried deer, ham, deer stew, chicken, potato salad, beans, lots of deserts, and probably a lot of stuff I am forgetting. It was great.

Just finished watching all of the extras in Serenity- great as expected. Now I will have to see the Firefly extras.

Looking at getting a new gun- Walther PPK or Walther PPK/S. I need a smaller gun thats easier to carry. My .40 is just to big to keep concealed easy. I am a huge Bond fan, thus the PPK was a obvious choice. His was a stock .32 PPK. I want the .380 (I think its the same as the 9mm) due to it being larger than .32.

Problem is, I want to be as authentic as possible which means I should go with the PPK. But it only holds 6 in the magazine while the PPK/S holds 7. I want the largest capacity possible but not sure if I should trade off authenticity. Perplexing. The PPK/S also have more cooler options for coloring, one thats a cross for the shiny I like and the dark color for concealment. Hopefully I can see at least one model when I go to Mobile Shooting Center if I go tomorrow and it will help me make a decision.

If anyone has suggestions let me know. Till next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home